Lush Champions

This is a little off topic for me, and this post is not about photography, but I think it is worth showing.
This post is about Lush, the devine smelling, gorgeous, fun shop of goodies.

 Now this might make me sound a bit silly, because even though I have been going to Lush and using Lush almost since they were first rolled out, regularly in one of their first stores in Kingston, I didnt know, or rather hadn't registered, that all their products are vegetarian. Now I had seem some of their products were Vegan, and I had always thought that is a good idea, but not really thought more about it, as I am not a vegetarian. I just knew I liked the products, and I liked the way they made their stores, and the interesting and unique way they have decided to do business. What I didn't know was the founder of Lush was tirelessly trying to change the way the cosmetics industry works, and finally put a stop to animal testing.
Then the other day I saw this video that I have posted the link to below, and it made me realise how much of it has still been going on!
I was very proactive animal testing when I was young, and it was the time when there was a lot of press about animal testing, and a lot of companies declared that they were going to change the way that they did business. Products were changed, and suddenly against animal testing logos were on everything.
The press has died down, and I noticed recently that the logos were a lot less common, and I also realised that I had become less vigilant in the products that I was using.
Then I saw this video, and felt shocked, and felt ashamed, and have felt the call to action. If you watch this video, and feel that you want to take a stand, try and get to your local LUSH store and sign their petition. It will also give you the perfect excuse to buy some gorgeous products to treat yourself to for being good!
Animal Testing on human subject

LUSH Fighting against animal testing run live lab test


Thanks guys!

0 comments: