Life's a Beach


For my birthday, we headed down to Poole. I love it, it feels like a 2nd home to me, as it was where my grandparents lived. 
It has almost started to become a birthday tradition for me.
We headed down under grey skies, and light drizzle, but with hope that the sun would be waiting for us at the beach. We were wrong!  The closer we got the wetter it got! We stayed under bland skies and heavy rain. 
All our plans for relaxing on the beach or exploring for fossils were washed away, and we spent most of the day in the car!
By late afternoon we had given up hope, and we headed to a place I used to go as a child, Sandbanks Hotel. We sat by the balcony and enjoyed a cream tea watching the rain fall. Just as we packed up our things and were just about to head to the car when suddenly the skies cleared and a hot sun appeared! We stayed for another hour walking along the beach under blue skies before heading home. So i did get to be on the beach in the sun after all!





0 comments: