Google Places

After some deliberation, I have plucked up the courage to put myself on Google Places. So in theory when you search in the listed areas for a photographer my name amongst others should come up.
It should list it as Asmartartz Photography, and have a map of the area that i am based in, or the areas I cover. I am not sure, and this is where there is confusion. The map that displays when i go to edit the page is great and accurate and informative, but when i view my page as a preview the map looks completely different and is a close up of some random street that I have not heard of and can't seem to alter the view. It is quite frustrating, but I am sure there is a help page about this out there somewhere.
Currrently even though I have been told that my Page has gone live and is searchable, it is yet to show up in any of the searches that I am doing on Google. Even if I search by my business name my Google Places page is not showing. May have to try and get hold of someone for some advice about this!
If anyone has any gems of knowledge that they have about this, that they would like to pass my way it would be gratefully appreciated!
Andrea

0 comments: