Friendship is better than cake!

This is a quick but heartfelt one as I was again reminded of the importance of true friendship.

Last week I got a lovely and totally unexpected card in the post.

It was from my best friend, and the loving and powerful message on it made me burst into tears, as it arrived on a day I was feeling low.

It reminded me of all the special moments we've shared and the happy memories we have together, the things that remind us of each other when we are out and about. We no longer live near each other so time together is precious and having these little things that keep each other close is very important.

You can never underestimate how important true friendship is. It can lift you up, give you strength and make you laugh until you cry. Friends have your back and reach out when you need it, become your support network and become your family.

Have you ever noticed that when you need it the most, someone that cares for you does something to remind you they are there for you? It can be a small thing such as a text sending you love, or a maybe a lovely cake, or a wonderful hug that you need. It is as if  they know they are needed and that unspoken connection is put into action. 

So this is a post to say never underestimate the value of true friendship. Even if you are not able to see each other as much as you want as life and distance gets in the way, just know that when they are needed they will always be there for you.


Lis this post is dedicated to you to say thanks for being a great friend, and understanding my love of cupcakes and glittery fairy wings! You lifted me back up.

The photo is of the card I received on my dining room table which gives the effect of it being in a frame which I love!. 

0 comments: