the beautiful moments of 2010

Now I thought i was going to do a post on WinterWonderland as I have a big batch of photos from our day out in London, but there was something else that I wanted to get down first. That was counting the lovely moments that i have experienced during 2010.
As an average English person it is my natural disposition to feel a bit moany, and annoyingly tend to look at the negative side of things, but when I thought back about our year, there are bright sparkly memories that I count as blessings that I have had a chance to enjoy.
  • After being unemployed for large periods I was offered a maternity role at the University of Surrey. The money was enough to help get us back on our feet, and the hours were the most perfect as if i had hand picked them. allowing me for the first time to work part time, so not only could we think about moving into our own place again, I could concentrate more fully on my photography and make a proper go of it. It is enjoyable but very busy and feel like i have already been there for years!
  • Early in the year I got a cryptic text message from my best friend asking if i fancied spending a few nights away with her, in a tent. I later found out that we were lucky enough to given a place to work at Glastonbury on behalf of WaterAid. I have never been to Glastonbury before, and I didnt think I ever would. It was an incredible experience. We were blessed with a glorious hot blue skied summer, and the driest Glastonbury for 10 years. I felt very privilaged to be able to help WaterAid with their work, and help raise awareness and money, while at the same time meeting lots of different people and experiencing the amazing atmosphere of Glastonbury. I got to spend 5 days wondering around covered in face paint and glitter, drinking tea in large tea tents and getting to see some of my very favourite bands!! It was an eye opening experience, and made me feel free and awe-struck, and although I told her at the time, I would like to say to Lis again, thank you so much for giving me this opportunity and experience, and filling my summer with sparkly joy, and a year of lovely flash backs!
  • Less than a week from getting back from Glastonbury, Gareth and I moved house. After having lived at my Dads house for a year, while we tried to get back on our feet after double redundancy, we found a lovely little house in Aldershot, with everything we secretly wanted including a garden and a real open fire!!! Within days of moving in, it totally felt like home, and it is the fastest that i have ever unpacked and got settled somewhere before. A proper grown-up house, and we love being there.
  • Having friends and family to come over for visits and dinner parties, allowing us to have lots of laughs, and finding out that our next door neighbours, are friendly and helpful and very supportive and have helped us massively since we have moved in.
  • Having spa day with my girlfriends, followed by lovely dinners in the garden, with proper chance for us to get together
  • Getting more recognition and work for my photography coming through, and business is slowly picking up.
.
I am hoping that as 2010 comes to an end it gives me the motivation and drive to enter 2011 full of optimism and bursting with new exciting ideas, and that lost sparkle, that gives my will power a boost. 
So here is to you 2010, thanks for the memories, and hello 2011, hope it is full of adventure.

Happy New Year, hope it is a good one to you all.
Andrea ...... always asmartartz

0 comments: