Love on the Beach


So as I mentioned I had an engagement shoot on the beach at Selsey, Sussex with Kerrie and Jason.
They are friends but said that wanted me to shoot their wedding after photographing an awards dinner for their theatre group last year in Chichester.
For such a lovely bubbly and outgoing couple I was surprised to hear tht they were both feeling nervous about the wedding photographs to come. They were hoping to use the engagement session as a chance to get used to being in front of the camera, and how I work, as they had never been the sole focus of my photography before!
We headed to the beach as it was a special place to them, where they often went walking together, as it was not far from their house.
I was feeling a little apprehensive about what the weather would give us, as the day before it had been very unsettled. But the day dawned warm and bright, and hazy.
They both soon relaxed, as I directed them through the shoot, and asked for their ideas. It was important that they got a set of photographs that meant something special to them, and represented their relationship and their love for each other.
It was hard not to catch the love they felt as they looked at each other, and they were lots of giggles, and as the shoot progressed, there was more larking around, and silly faces pulled into the camera.
One of the photo ideas that I wanted to do with them, involved a prop; a large guilt ornate picture frame, which I got over a year ago from an antiques shop in Farnham. It has been leaning artistically against the wall in our living room waiting for the right shoot to use it. This was the perfect one.
On the beach I got Kerrie and Jason to hold it and frame themselves any way they wanted. A chance to show catch their love, in their own masterpiece. I am very pleased with how this worked, and got some lovely shots from it.
I am hoping to take it to the wedding reception to continue the theme, so that their friends and family can get in the picture too. This should give my wedded couple a lovely set of pictures of with the same theme, that will tie in together. Also it will give the friends photos of the day that they want to keep of the special day.

“The photo’s are really amazing, thank you so much. If these are anything to go by our wedding photo’s will be just stunning.” Kerrie

Love on the beach:











0 comments: